Thursday, February 6, 2014

Flappy Bird Ad Revenue Report

The Facts

Dong Nguyen, the developer of the hit mobile game Flappy Bird, has revealed the ad revenue that the game currently brings in. This game, with more than 50,000,000 current downloads, brings in a staggering $50,000 a day in ad revenue. Nguyen says that he does not plan to add anything to the game, not even a premium pay option to disable the ads.

The Opinion

This is it, this is where I lose my understanding of humanity when it comes to games. I've played Flappy Bird and I think it is an awful game. I've played flash games from five years ago with more creativity and depth than this piece of trash. Furthermore, the developer of this game admits that the design of the bird is from "Cheep Cheep" in Super Mario Bros, and that the pipes are also "homage" to Nintendo. Are you kidding me? This guy is making $50,000 dollars a day on a game that uses design from another company. He could have at least made the bird look more like Cheep Cheep. As of right now, this bird looks like an Idaho potato with the lips of Nicki Minaj. The fact that this game is so popular absolutely astounds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment